Thursday, February 17, 2011

How's My Love Life? Right Where It Needs To Be At This Time!


According to the app. at Facebook called God Wants You To Know, this is what God wants me to know today:

... that a successful relationship requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. Always with the same person, but deeper and deeper every time. Each time on a whole new level you together open in love and discover the truth of your beloved anew. There is no limit to the beauty of your beloved. If you think you've reached the end, stop generalizing.

and this was my initial response...

There are several guys in my life whom I've either, at one time, thought of as "the one" or else come very close in many ways. There are three of them at the top of the list right at the moment (one met in real life in 1990, one met online in 2007, and one met online in 2010). Those three fall under the category of "very close." In... fact, the first two were actually very, Very close--with the first of those two being very, Very, VERY close. Better in all of those cases just to keep it at being very close friends. In short, I think that this message (as applied to my life at this time) is about falling more and more in love with special friendships. Maybe, someday, it will also mean more when the right person comes along for whom I'm also the right person.
Then, I discovered that I had made a mistake and wrote another comment to correct it...

Oops! I meant the Second of those two being very, Very, VERY close (as in the one from 2007). Though 1990 IS a very special person. Of course, there's that one from 1977 who is to me what Charlie Brown's/Charles Schulz's little red-haired girl is to him.

 In short, I believe that special friendships are blessings in their own right.  They don't have to lead to the altar--or even to that first date.  It's just wonderful to know that there are such beautiful people sharing the planet with me--people so wonderful that they take my breath away and make me wonder (even if only in a fleeting moment) what it would be like to be like a pair of Canada geese mated for life.

When it comes to getting married, I want nothing less for myself and my beloved than the kind of love my mom and dad have always shared--where they're still connected and falling in love all over again, even though my dad passed away over seven years ago!

Picky?

Maybe so, but I believe in my heart of hearts that, when the time is right, that kind of love will be there for me. If not, I still will have had that dream.......

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,